Yep the temp is supposed to be near 100 degrees this week. We aren't even to May yet and we are talking that kind of heat. Well we had to do something to escape the heat- and I was just not in the mood for trapsing everyone down to the pool this afternoon- so instead we are "hosing it up"(a Sadie-ism) in the backyard. First off- you may ask- why are these kids in swim suits and shoes. Well- our front yard has grass- but Drew cannot be trusted anywhere near a street- so that was out of the question. Our backyard is nicely fenced in- but full of rocks, hence the shoes. The water coming out of the hose is just not quite cold enough so why not add a bucket full of ice to the mix. As you will see in one of the pics- Drew dumped the ice out- sat down on it- and wound up with a few cubes stuck to his butt until they melted. The are still out there hooting and hollering as I type this. Who knew your own backyard- a hose- and some ice could make a hot day so much more bearable. I don't know what we will resort too as the temps increase- maybe the same activity sans bathing suits- we will see.
Monday, April 28, 2008
It's Getting HOT In Here
Yep the temp is supposed to be near 100 degrees this week. We aren't even to May yet and we are talking that kind of heat. Well we had to do something to escape the heat- and I was just not in the mood for trapsing everyone down to the pool this afternoon- so instead we are "hosing it up"(a Sadie-ism) in the backyard. First off- you may ask- why are these kids in swim suits and shoes. Well- our front yard has grass- but Drew cannot be trusted anywhere near a street- so that was out of the question. Our backyard is nicely fenced in- but full of rocks, hence the shoes. The water coming out of the hose is just not quite cold enough so why not add a bucket full of ice to the mix. As you will see in one of the pics- Drew dumped the ice out- sat down on it- and wound up with a few cubes stuck to his butt until they melted. The are still out there hooting and hollering as I type this. Who knew your own backyard- a hose- and some ice could make a hot day so much more bearable. I don't know what we will resort too as the temps increase- maybe the same activity sans bathing suits- we will see.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
ok so as much as I would LOVE to live close to you, I could not handle the HEAT! Looks like fun, but isn't mom out there in her swimsuit playing with the hose too?!?!?!
Oh my gosh! The one with the ice stuck to his bum cracked me UP!! Ah! Just too cute! Hey maybe you can send some of that heat this way... it's gone back to being a little chilly here... Oh well!
I love the ice cubes stuck on his butt! Hey! It's gonna be 80 DEGREES here today...bundle up!
love, nana 2E
Wow! I would die. Seriously, last night it was a whopping 74 degrees in our house and I couldn't sleep! They look like they had a ton of fun though! Good luck this summer!
I can't beleive how much Drew looks like Brad! It will be good to get a break from the heat WAY up north in CANADA! I can't wait to see you guys in a few weeks.
Post a Comment