Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

Well what a Mother's Day. Brad and the kids brought me yummy pancakes and raspberries in bed this morning. They were even so sweet as to sit in bed with me and "help" me eat the breakfast. They then gave me a card that talks and continually opened and closed it so I heard "Mom- Mom- Mom- Mom- Mom- several times in a row with them laughing all the while. Church was great. It was Sadie's first time to go up with the primary kids and sing the songs. She is one of those kids that smiles and waves the whole time once she realizes she can make eye contact with me from the front of the chapel. A proud mommy moment for me. This mother's day I have a lot to be thankful for. My great husband- my two great kids- and well I guess now is as good as a time as any to say that we will soon be a family of five. Yep- the Phillip's family is growing again and will be adding a new addition at the end of November. I am somewhat overwhelmed to think that I will soon have as many kids as my mom. I am always seeking her advice and will be even more now I am sure. She is the best mom and nana and I am so lucky to have such a great example and resource on how to be a good-no great mom. So there it is. I am feeling pretty good now that I am almost to my second trimester. A little tired- but I chase two very energetic kids around daily so that is to be expected. I love my kids and my life(that sounds cheesy but it's Mother's Day so give me a break). Sadie says this baby will be a girl- Drew says it will be a dog so we will see who wins. Dog is Drew's favorite word in case you didn't know. Alright- I'm done with the emotional cheesiness now- but I won't say that it might not creep in again in a future post- after all- I am pregnant.

10 comments:

Sharla said...

Congratulations! I feel your anxiety over #3 too! But, we'll make it, right? I comfort myself knowing that countless women have lived through 3+ kids...
Kurt sang with the primary for the first time too. And, being pregnant, it was emotional for me too. It's so neat to see them growing up.

Deborah Thue said...

You are so cute! (and NO, not cheesey). Congrats publicly now that you are publicly pregnant...
hehehe. Happy Mother's Day to one of the best mommies I know (who just happens to be my daughter...I
know...so cheesey).
love, nana 2E

Carly said...

Congrats!! What a great announcement for a Mother's Day post! I am so happy and excited for you, I hope I get to see you guys again soon! I love being about to read all about your cute little (growing) family.

Sierra and Matt said...

Congratulations on being pregnant! That's so great. Matt and I are anxious to see whether it's a girl or a dog, but I told Matt I'm with Sadie on this one. We'd love it if you guys came down for a visit! It would be great to see all of you again before we move back home. Just let us know when, that would be fun

The Phillips said...

congrates on being pregnant!! That's so exciting! Sharifa agrees with Sadie and thinks your baby will be a girl, but steve thinks the baby will be a boy. We'll see who's right. If Drew is right about the baby being a dog,all I have to say is good luck!!!! HA HA HA!!!! We think of Ethan as our little puppy 'cause he likes to breathe like a puppy. Well, good luck on the pregnancy. We can't wait to see the new little phillips!!!

paula said...

Oh, Claire, I'm so happy for you guys. I think you're a great mom. I have to say I'm with Drew rooting for a dog. I wonder if you remember when Lizanne used to act like a puppy, crawl around, lick Lisa, pant; and I believe she even lifted her leg on someone once. Of course it was only a gesture...we are going to need Lisa to confirm this.

Lisa in AK said...

Wow! We are going to have babies and dogs everywhere! I am so excited! By the way it was Michael who was the dog, but Lizanne does have two dogs now and almost two kids! I'm sure she would GLADLY give you one of the dogs right now!
You are a great little mom and remember, if you can handle three you can handle 13! Lots of love to all the Phillips!

Jess said...

Congrats Claire, that is really exciting!!

Kylee said...

Congratulations! I'm so excited (yet slightly nervous) for you! Your kids are darling and you're a great mother, so this will definately be a good thing!

Ashley said...

Congrats! We are very happy for you and your family!! I too have to agree with sadie on this one, I believe it is going to be a girl. We will see though. Dave thinks that it will be a boy. Either way it is very exciting!

Love Ashley and Dave Johnson