Tuesday, May 27, 2008

What an International Trip!








We have arrived back in the United States and wow did we have a fun trip. It is not easy traveling internationally with little kids- but well worth it to attend Grandma Jean's party. The highlights of the trip are as follows:
*Mallory and I being help up at customs in Canada because we were leaving the country with our children and no husbands- whatever.
*Brad and Kurt having a five hour delay in Phoenix-missing their connection in Minneapolis- not making it to Canada until Friday afternoon instead of Thursday night.
*Seeing family that we haven't seen in years and that had never met my kids or Brad.
*Poutine- really good Canadian dish- french fries with gravy and cheese curds- may sound yucky to you but I have been craving it.
*Canadian candy like Smarties- Caramilk- Aero Bars- and Mr. Bigs.
*Sadie singing at Grandma Thue's birthday bash and not licking anyone(she licks when she is nervous- so wierd!)
*A drive by the LDS temple in Regina- it was a rainy day but we still managed a couple of pics.
*Drew picking up new words every hour to add to his vocabulary- most importantly he now says "eh." A true Canadian.
*A trip to the Regina tourism office to get I heart Regina t-shirts.
*An 11 hour trip back home made safely.
We had such a great time and now I am doing laundry like crazy so I can pack up and head back to Utah tonight with my parents for a short visit. Here are the pics I managed to get while in Canada- not too many since I was pretty busy making sure Drew didn't break everything in Grandma's house.

4 comments:

paula said...

Thank you so much for posting this so quickly! I was afraid it would be a lot longer before I got to hear how it went. Welcome back.

The Johnsons said...

Looks like you had a great time! Hope you have fun in Utah too!

Lisa in AK said...

You all look like you had such a great time! Sadie just cracks me up! What song did she sing at the party?
Have fun in Utah! Maybe you can get together with the other babies!

Deborah Thue said...

I'm so glad you guys took pics, I was so busy enjoying seeing all of you together in one place, I didn't take any at all! Thanks for being brave and coming all that way with 2 1/2 little ones. Let's do it again in 10 for grandma's
90th, eh?
love, mom 2E