Sunday, July 27, 2008

27 on the 27th

Well I turned the big 27 today on the 27th so that must be some magical birthday or something. I have actually had a great day considering that my birthday fell on a Sunday this year. Brad has been good to give me a break from my regular duties- and Sadie has made me several cards covered in stickers throughout the day. I was cooked a gourmet bbq dinner and baked a spectacular pink cake. My presents consisted of: a waffle maker- The Wednesday Letters(a book I have been wanting)- makeup sponges- a new hair dryer and straightener- and some sweet treat that I have been craving. I don't feel much older but I guess I have another year to feel like I am 27 before I turn 28. My siblings both put in a call- prompted by my parents I am pretty sure- but all the same it was great to talk with them. My brother is taking the bar this week so I truly am surprised that he was able to think of anything besides law terminology. We have a big shopping trip planned in a couple of weeks to supply Sadie with school clothes since she will be attending school here shortly- and I plan on picking up a few more things for myself then. I am one spoiled mama in the words of Sadie. Anway- I took a few pictures to document the day- so enjoy.





10 comments:

Deborah Thue said...

Claire!
I'm so glad that you were born. You look so pretty blowing out your candles (I know you probably hate me putting that on here, but I'm doing it anyway:))
What a cute b-day cake...looks like there was no shortage of sprinkles...hee...hee. Anyway, glad you got to put your feet up for a little while and enjoy the day...those little homemade birthday cards are pricelesss-I still have several in my sock drawer.
love,
Claire's mom

Sharla said...

A day late, but Happy Birthday! I'm glad that you had a fun day with your family. I still don't know if I know what 27 feels like (I've been there for 3 1/2 monts...). Let me know if you find out. ;)

BrandonKristin said...

Hope you had a great birthday! I sent you a text message yesterday. I am glad you are my friend! Happy birthday happy birthday happy happy birthday to you!

Mallory said...

I love Drew's expression in the picture where Sadie is putting sprinkles on the cake: Totally left out. So funny.

Ashley said...

Happy Birthday!!! I hope you had a good fay. It looks like you got some great things!
Love Ashley

Ashley said...

Sorry I guess I got a little carried away and didn't check my spelling before I clicked ok. I meant to say I hope you had a good DAY ... well hopefully it made you laugh.
Ashley

Deborah Thue said...

PS Sadie looks WAY too grown-up in those pics!
love,
Nana 2E

The Johnsons said...

Happy Birthday! :) Sounds like you had a good day! Also, where are the pics of your cute belly? I see that you strategically hid them! :)

The Wilson Family said...

Happy birthday - You look so good and so happy! What a cute family:)

Rachel Hanchett said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds like a good one, I didn't realize you were so young! Or maybe it's just that I'm so old!