
Tuesday, July 8, 2008
It's a ... GIRL!!
We had our ultrasound yesterday and despite the uncooperativeness of our child- we found out we are having another girl. Throughout the entire ultrasound the tech was telling us she was pretty sure it was a boy. This little one was all over the place as she was trying to snap some pictures. Brad finnally understands why I am so worn out by the end of each day. Anyway- in the last couple of minutes before we were done- the tech decided to take one more peek between the legs and discovered that what we though were boy parts was actually the umbilical cord and tada- there were some very distinctive girl parts. So poor Brad got jerked around a little- but is happy to be adding another princess to the family. We are going to name her Brinlee Jean. My due date is looking like Thanksgiving so that should be interesting. It is just such a relief to see a healthy baby with all parts and organs growing the way they should. We are so blessed to have our two kids here and our new one on the way. Sadie and I headed out for a little shopping after we got the news. Brad continues to remind me of the two huge bags of baby girl clothes in the closet at my mom's house. I assured him I was only getting a few fresh onesies- and I stayed pretty true to my word. Sadie is the happiest little girl in the world I think. The whole time we were out shopping yesterday- she never once asked for anything for herself- she just kept bringing me more and more for baby Brinlee. They will be sharing a room and Sadie can't wait. Anyway- here are a couple of pics. Brinlee was sucking her thumb throughout much of the ultrasound and were able to get a picture of it. The rest of the pics are Sadie showing off our haul. I am sure we will have more news to share as we work on changing Sadie's room around and making room for one more child. Until then...think pink.





Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
15 comments:
The look on Sadie's face is priceless! What a cute big sister. And I have a feeling Brinlee is going to have a tempermant like her brother...so...that should be alot of fun for you guys. Brad is such a good dad for princesses. Now he and Drew will just have to have male-macho-bonding time a little more often! Thanks for giving us another grandbaby!
love, nana 2E
Congratulations! It will be fun to have our girls so close in age. And I agree, shopping for baby girl clothes is WAY TOO MUCH FUN! Even onsies...
Yay for another baby girl! Thanks for giving me an excuse to go back to the Old Navy clearance sale.
Congrats on the healthy baby girl. It was very exciting to get the call from Brad yesterday telling me it was a GIRL! I'm so happy for you and your family!
Love Ashley
Yay! I am so excited for you guys! Sadie is already a great big sister and I think it's so cute she's so excited to have a little sister to share a room with! You're following the trend so far of my family... girl, boy, girl... it's a great pattern. :) Congrats again!
Congrats Claire--she will be so beautiful, just like the other two!
Congratulations! You are such a cute mom that it wouldn't matter what you were having! I love that Sadie is so excited! She looks like such a sweetie! I am so excited for you guys!
Congrats!! We are so excied for you guys! Having two girls is way fun and tell Brad it's okay to buy more stuff, I mean you are having a girl you know!
I'm so excited for you and your family. Another addition is always a bessing, whether it's pink or blue. There is no doubt that Sadie will be a wonderful big sister to little Brinlee. And I'm sure Drew will adjust to being a big brother too. :)
Wow, Claire! Three kid-os! Way to go! Doesn't seem that long ago that I met you, before you were even married. It's been fun to see your family through your blog. Looks like you're having tons of fun!
How exciting! Another girl will be so fun for Sadie!
I was just thinking....."wonder if Claire has a blog??" Then there you were listed on Meg's! So cute and so fun. Congrats again! Thx for being a great neighbor/example. Love your family! Sadie was so dang cute at preschool yesterday. She and Sadie are lucky to have each other!!
That's so exciting that you're having a little girl. It means I finally win a bet with steve. I can't wait to see her at chrismas!!!! I also, can't wait to hold her. I love the ultrasound picture with her thumb in her mouth, that is just so precious!!!
Yea! So happy for you! Can't wait to see her.
CONGRATS! What a cute name too...I understand the shopping thing, when I found out we were having another boy it didn't stop me from buying a whole new wardrobe despite the bags of clothes we already had:) I am so excited for you!
Post a Comment