Friday, March 6, 2009

Brinlee's Blessing

We blessed Brinlee on Feb. 15th- which was also Brad's birthday. My mom picked out the dress without me even seeing it and she did a great job. She really knows my simple taste. My sister and her husband and her little boy along with my parents and Brad's parents came into town. It was so nice to have people come all the way here to support us. We really feel like the ward we are in now is our family so it was important to us to bless her here. Brad did a beautiful job on the blessing and Brinlee slept like... well like a baby. We had a fun lunch with family and friends at our place afterwards. It was cramped in our small home but it was so nice to have everyone here to celebrate. I guess the third kid really does get jipped as far as pictures go because with trying to get everyone to 8:00 church on time I neglected to take any pictures of Brinlee in her beautiful dress. So yet again- my good friend Liz came to the rescue. She came over a few days after the blessing after eveyone had gone home and got these amazing pictures of Brinlee in her special dress. I have to say that she captures my kids like no other. As I glanced through the pictures for the first time- I admit I became a bit emotional. It is so neat to have these pictures as a remembrance of that special day in our family. Thanks again Liz- and thanks to everyone who came to support us.






3 comments:

Deborah Thue said...

I LOVE these pics! I was starting to feel bad that we didn't get very many on the actual day, and now you have these - YAY! What a little darling...I love how her teeny tiny tongue peeks out of so many of her darling smiles!
love, nana 2E

Carly said...

Wow! What great pictures Claire! How nice of your friend, and the cradle looks just great. Brinlee is just beautiful in her dress. What a special day!

the Bunker Family said...

Hey Claire!

I'm not sure if I've posted on this before but I love checking it out and seeing what you are up to. Your daughter is beautiful and I'm so glad that you and your cute family are so happy and enjoy being in Arizona. Keep posting, I love'em!