Tuesday, August 25, 2009

No Brinee No

Brinlee has become super mobile in a matter of days. She went from pulling up on her crib and then her legs falling through the slats to being able to jump up and bounce holding onto the side all in one swoop. She is pulling up onto furniture and starting to toddle from one thing to the next. If Drew is standing up she immediately makes a bee line for him and tries to grab onto his pants and pull up. You can imagine what his reaction is to this. I think the most common phrase we hear around our house right now is "No Brinee no." Brad is deeply engrossed in finals week and we hope he comes out on the other side without too many fried brain cells. Sadie continues to do well in school. She has got a couple of notes sent home from her teacher saying that she was really great that day. We are really proud of her and relieved to see that she has made this transition so smoothly. I took Brinlee to the doctor yesterday for her 9 month check. She is weighing in at a whopping 14lbs 4 oz. Still a small little thing and not showing up on those average growth charts. I learned with Drew to not freak out as much about that though. They will all even out in time and she is reaching all of her other milestones so all is well. Well the laundry is calling my name so I will sign off for now. Upcoming post: The first Michigan football game of the year(I'm sure you will all be checking back often for that one :) )


3 comments:

Deborah Thue said...

How funny it is to see her standing! And jumping! I think it is so funny, how she terrorizes Drew. I can just hear him yelling, "No! Brinee! NO!!" Thanks so much for the pics. We are having fun in Canada, but wishing you all could be here. I'm sure you know we are telling lots of Phillbups family stories. I got the school etc pics printed yesterday for grandma and she was thrilled. Tell Brad I'll be wearing my blue and gold (that's MAIZE for you novices). Hugs and kisses to everyone from NANA 2E

Deborah Thue said...

P.S. Love the piggy-tail (or at least the attempt!)
love, nana 2W

Christian and Mary said...

We hear that a lot too! Except it's "No Anna no!" I keep trying to explain that she just loves him and wants to play. Can't believe Brinlee is almost walking. She is getting big so fast!