Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Kindergarten Or Bust!

So the big day was today- and with only 1 hour and fifty minutes-no make that one hour and fourty minutes(I just was on the phone for ten) things are going great. Sadie was so excited this morning to get ready for school. She was dressed and ready atleast an hour before we had to get in the car to go drop her off. She packed her cute little princess lunch box last night with foods she chose all by herself. I am anxious to see how much she actually ate and if she is starving when she gets home. I asked her all morning what her teacher's name was and what she should do if she has to go to the bathroom. These were two of my greatest concerns- that she would forget her teacher's name and that she would just hold it and never go to the bathroom. She answered the questions for me the first couple of times and then after that I got the token eye roll as her response. She was way more prepared than I was and the goodbye was only teary on my end. That is the way it is supposed to be if they are ready to go though right? Anyway- she is the cutest little school girl in her uniform I have ever seen and I am very excited to go pick her up and see how her day went. Drew cried a little when he saw the playground at the school and realized that only Sadie was getting out of the car- but as we arrived back home the garbage truck was coming down our street and watching the action cheered him right up. Sadie requested that I take a picture of her with each of us so if we missed her during the day we could just look at the picture and feel better. Kinda sweet I think- and I will admit that I have looked at the picture of the two of us atleast three times already. It is the start of a new chapter here in the Phillip's household and it looks to be a successful start at that. Before I know it I will be blogging about Brinlee's first day of school- but I won't think about that right now or I might start tearing up again.




Brad called from work while she was eating her breakfast to tell her good luck- later she asked me "good luck for what?"


Sadie layed out her outfit on her bed last night- sounds like something I did when I was her age






All three strapped in and ready to go- check out that grin on Sadie

4 comments:

Deborah Thue said...

That is the cutest little school girl I have ever seen! (That is, except for her mother, on her first day of school!) How time has flown! You did a great job preparting Sadie, now sit back and take notice...good job mom!
love,
nana 2E
PS love the pics of Brinlee and Drew...what a sweet idea Sadie had.

Sierra and Matt said...

I agree with you and your Mom -that is such a sweet idea. And Sadie looks so excited to go. Hope it continues to go smoothly!

Rootbeer Floats said...

They definitely grow up really fast.... Can you believe how old our babies are getting?.... I hope Sadie had a great first day of school!

BrandonKristin said...

i am crying reading this. It just makes me think that Zachs turn is just around the corner, and that is coming waaay to fast! I can't believe she is that grown up already! So cute