Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Captain Drew Turns 3


Sadie and I fashioned a pretty cool pirate cake for Drew complete with three matches in the place of candles. Sadie decided that the pink glitter candles we had left over from her birthday would not look too good on a pirate cake so we went with the matches.


One of the presents Drew recieved was Gator Golf. It is a cute little game where you putt the little ball into the gators mouth and then his tail flips it back to you. Brad did a few practice shot with each kid- and then they started fencing with the clubs.



We had this great idea for Brad to take Sadie and Drew to see Toy Story in 3D. It is one of Drew's favorites on DVD so we thought he would love this new 3D version in the big movie theater. Brad headed off to the movie with the kids on Saturday and I settled in for atleast 3 hours of getting things on my to do list done since I would only have Brinlee with me. It was a double feature so when I got a call from Brad less than an hour after they left I knew something was up. It turns out the loudness in the big theater combined with the 3D effect were a little too much for Drew and he wanted to come home. The next picture is of Brad and Drew watching a preview for Toy Story 3 on our computer. He told me he just likes to watch movies at home.



Drew with all his birthday "booty." Thanks to all who sent gifts, cards, and treasure. We really appreciate it.

This is Drew giving me his best "Arrrg Matey!" right before bed. He looks like a 3 year old to me here and I guess that is because he actually is a 3 year old now.


I came down after getting the kids to bed to clean up the toys and found Drew's swords stuffed in the couch. I guess this is where a pirate boy stores his weapons.

3 comments:

Rootbeer Floats said...

Cute!

Ron said...

How darling is that little pirate??? I just love where he stowed his weapons! What a cutie! Also, I love the little blips I see of Brinlee in the background of some of the pics. She is really doing her best to be just like the 'big kids', isn't she? It was so grownup of Drew to let Sadie try his gator golf. Anyway...
Let the 'fall break' festivities continue!
love,
nana 2E
PS Thanks for having Drew and giving us a grandson - we love being nana and grandpa ronald ! xoxo

Deborah Thue said...

OOOPS! That last comment was not from Ron, it was from Deborah... but I guess you already figured that out...
love,
nana 2E