Monday, October 26, 2009

Fall Festival

Sadie's school hosted a cute little Halloween carnival this last weekend. She has been talking about it non stop since about a month ago when it was announced. I had promised her that Brad would take her on a date to the festival and she was counting down the days til it came. Well a couple weeks ago we found out Brad had a campout with the scouts planned for the night of the fall festival so as to not crush Sadie's hopes and dreams, I packed up all three kids and off we went without Brad. Luckily my great friend Liz came along with her son for the festivities so I atleast had another adult to help me keep track of my kidlets. Sadie's cheerleader costume is still in the works so she went as Cinderella and Drew went as of course... a pirate. It really was a fun night filled with cake walking, bean bag tossing, bowling, and my favorite Guitar Hero. Sadie's teacher was running the Guitar Hero booth so of course Sadie wanted to go give it a try. She stood in line for atleast fifteen minutes by herself while I corraled Drew and Brinlee at the back of the room. There were some big boys in line with her and she wasn't scared one bit. When it was her turn she walked right up to the guitar and put it on over top of her pretty princess dress and with the help of her cute teacher- she played a full song on Guitar Hero. I was really proud of her for doing this. We ended the night with using up our last few tickets on glow sticks to light our way home. The kids were pooped as was I but it sure was a great memory. Next year Brad will defnitely be going with us.


4 comments:

Deborah Thue said...

I think maybe that little princess was so good at standing in line for guitar hero because of all the line-standing practice she gets at Disneyland! So cute. And I always love a good pirate! I have a similar pic of you and Matt in front of the back of our front door one halloween - you are tinkerbell and Matt is Peter Pan. I'm gonna have to look for that...maybe it's under my bed??? ;)
love, nana 2E
PS Good job mama, wrangling those wild, healthy kiddies all by your lonesome. Countless blessings await those who support scout campouts!

Deborah Thue said...

PS My contributions for the cheerleader costume are in the makings as we speak..or blog..or whatever...
love, nana 2E

The Phillips said...

We love the little costumes! They are just so adorable and it's no surprise that Drew is a pirate! We are dressing Ethan as a devil becuase the past few months he has been one!!!

Rachel Hanchett said...

so cute! sounds like it was a lot of fun! Hey was are you guys doing halloween night?