Saturday, October 31, 2009

All Hallows Eve

Halloween was much anticpated at our house this year. It wasn't just the dressing up or the getting candy- we had a special bonus this year. Grandma Colleen came to visit for the Halloween weekend. Sadie and Drew helped me make their dinner tonight. They had pigs in a blanket- but adapted for Halloween to be hot dog mummys. The result was pretty cute even though they refused to let me make the eyes out of mustard and insisted on red ketchup eyes instead. Sadie made the cutest little Michigan cheerleader that you have ever seen- despite the fact that Michigan lost today by a lot of points. Drew had perfected his trick-or-treat in his pirate accent and was thrilled everytime that phrase got him some candy. Brinlee kept on her Minnie Mouse bow for all of ten seconds and then promplty spit up all over her costume. All in all I would say it was a success. We met up with some friends to trick-or-treat and then came back to our house for some carmel apples and home made donut holes. What a yummy perfect end to a great Halloween night. After everyone left I headed upstairs to give quick baths and found Drew passed out on his bed. I guess the night finally took it out of the pirate. Now Brad and I will do the token checking of the buckets of candy to make sure everything is "safe"- which really means I take out anything with chocolate and peanuts- and Brad gets his choice of the gummy fruity candies. Don't judge- the kids will never even miss it.










1 comment:

BrandonKristin said...

such cute kids! we had mummy dogs too, they were a hit!