Thursday, November 5, 2009
Happy Early Graduation Present!!!
Brad graduates in T minus 6 months(give or take). We had been talking about getting some new furniture as a graduation gift to ourselves. We have had our couch and love seat since we were in college- and before that my friend Stacey had them- and before that her parents had them. So I am pretty sure these things have been around for atleast ten years if not longer. I breathed some new life into them when we moved here by putting slip covers over them. They were cute- but it was a big hassle to always be tucking in the covers to try to make them look nice. Anyway- last week we got a tip from a friend about a killer deal on a really nice sectional. I almost deleted the e-mail since we had talked about the right time to buy new furniture and that time was not now. I took a second look at the picture and knew it would be perfect for us. I had a plan to gently present the idea to Brad and then see where it went from there- but instead I just blurted out "I really really like this- can we get it?" He being the finace guy that he is immediately saw that a good deal now was better than paying twice as much in 6 months so he agreed. We had to wait a whole two days for it to be delivered and I am grateful to the people(you know who you are) who continually gave me support and kept me from changing my mind and giving in to my buyers remorse. It is amazing what this sectional does for my mental health. I am not even being funny here. Case in point- I am trying to get dinner cooked last night while Brad is upstairs studying away. Drew and Sadie are arguing over a toy and it is becoming physical. Brinlee is in her high chair but is quickly figuring out that she is so skinny that she can wiggle right our of the straps and try to climb out. My hands are covered in chicken guts and I am frantically trying to get to the sink to rinse them off so I can put a stop to all this madness. I am about to blow a gasket and then I look over and see my brand new- never been owned by anyone else- perfect for my living room furniture and I smile. Yep- instead of losing it and yelling at the kids, I just smiled and quickly washed my hands, caught Brinlee as she was wiggling out of the high chair and gave Drew a different toy and all was right with the world. This feeling of newness will probably not last too long- but maybe it will. I am grateful. Here are some pics of the new piece of heaven as well as some of our Thanksgiving decor.




Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Beautiful couch Claire! It goes so well in your living room, I am glad you splurged!
Congratulations! It's amazing!! Enjoy it!
We think it's very nice!!! Congrates on the new couch!
Such good news! YAY for you guys! Loved your comment about how that piece(s) of furniture can make such a difference in your attitude. I know just what you mean; my crazed young motherhood days are still vivid in my memory, and I smiled as I read your story. You guys sure deserve a shot in the arm! Almost there...hang in and soon you'll be MBA grads! So proud of you both (all)!
love, nana 2E
I'm so happy for you! It really is true, when your happy with the way your house looks it does give you peace of mind! Congrats!
Love it!! Hope the next post isn't about a grape juice disaster or anything like that. (Trust me on this, grape juice does NOT come off couches. Especially white ones...) How come everything happens all at once for us as moms? Always at the pre-dinner stage...always involving the kids...and so often with chicken guts on your hands?!
Post a Comment