Thursday, November 26, 2009
It's A Trade Off
Well here it is the big Turkey Day and we are enjoying it just as our little family this year. It really has been a fun day and I really don't mind being just us...until now- atleast a little bit. I really do love just being with my hubbs and kids and doing our own little traditions- but just a few minutes ago Brad took the kids out to the park while I do the last of the meal prep and now is when I get just a little twinge of sadness. I won't dwell on it or anything- I just am thinking in this moment wouldn't it be great to have my mom here to test the gravy and tell me it is great or have my cute preggo sister here to make all the desserts which are her specialty. My kids love talking to their cousin Carson on the phone but wouldn't it be great to have him here playing at the park with them. And of course wouldn't it be great to have Matt here to throw in the token funny thankfuls to the thankful box. Anyway it is a day of thanks so on that note I will be very thankful for my extended family despite the distance between us and thankful as well for my own cute little family and the new memories I will make with them. I think when Sadie gets back from the park I will have her taste the gravy in my mom's stead. Cute pics and details of the thankful box to come in my next post.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
OK. You just made me cry. I was pretty sure I was doing OK too, until I read your blog. I'm proud that you guys have made such a great little family, and even if we can't be all together, you are your own little complete unit. But I'm still glad to know you miss the contributions of your siblings, and carry on the traditions in their stead.
love,
nana 2E
Post a Comment