Thursday, November 12, 2009

Drew's Blue Blankie

Drew and his trusty blue blanket are hardly ever apart. It is a true miracle if I can get it away from him long enough to wash it. Yesterday I snuck into his room and grabbed it and threw it in the wash all without him seeing- atleast I though I had. A couple minutes later he discovered it was gone and asked what I had done with it. I showed him the washing machine and told him it would be in there for a few minutes getting nice and clean. He whined for a minute but then seemed okay with it. A few minutes later I couldn't find him anywhere. When I walked past the laundry closet I heard a little snicker. I peaked in and found Drew camped out in front of the washer and dryer with all of his stuffed animals. I asked him what he was doing and he replied "Staying by my blankie until it is clean- now go away." So I did. He sat there playing by the washing machine until the buzzer sounded. I had neglected to tell him that the blankie would now need to spend some time in the dryer-oops.



2 comments:

Deborah Thue said...

Ah yes...a man and his blankie. How cute. You are such a good mom for understanding how important that is to him. Love the pic of Drew putting the blankie to his cheek - you used to do that same thing Claire.
love to all my grand-kidlets,
nana 2E

Stephen and Erin said...

I have to tell my kids their monkeys are taking a bath for them to understand whats going on, but they just whine all day without them, i wished they just played by the washer with the rest of their toys! So cute!!