Life has grown so much dearer, I'm glad that you were born."
Saturday, November 21, 2009
We're Glad That She Was Born
In one of my favorite plays- 7 Brides for 7 Brothers- there is a song that Milly sings to her baby called "I'm Glad That You Were Born." It has always been one of my favorites and hits home especially today as it is my baby's first birthday. We had a fun day with just our little family. The morning started out with Brinlee opening her presents. She had a lot of help from Sadie in opening the gifts and Drew was more than happy to try out her toys for her. Thanks to all the grandmas and grandpas and aunts and uncles out there for spoiling Brinlee. She got lots of cute new clothes and some really fun new toys. Nana and Grandpa got her this ride on and push toy and she is quickly discovering that she can move even faster when she walks behind it. We then had the traditional donuts for breakfast. The day was full of playing with new toys and trying new foods. We headed out to dinner and Brinlee shared some of Drew's chicken strips and some of Sadie's mac and cheese and had her fair share of fries as well. Sadie and I made some pretty cute cupcakes and we let Brinlee at one -well contained in her high chair of course. She wasn't too sure about it at first, but before we knew it she was up to her elbows in frosting and licking the plate. Brinlee has never taken a bottle so we are now beginning the task of trying to get her to take a sippy cup. I bought a cool cup that comes with three different lids to help her gradually cross over to a sippy cup. She is doing alright with it, though she mostly bites it and then swallows what comes out. As I was putting Drew and Sadie to bed, Brad thought he would try to get Brinlee to drink out of the cup. When I came down stairs I saw him holding her on the couch and she was actually drinking from the cup. It was so exciting and so cute that I just had to snap a pic. I think Brinlee had a great day and we are happy to have her in our family. " Through your eyes skies look brighter, grass more green clouds are whiter. When you're close cares grow lighter,I'm glad that you were born. Through your eyes hills stretch higher. When you smile you inspire hearts to sing in a choir. I'm glad that you were born. Through your eyes I see clearer, You bring God so much nearer.
Life has grown so much dearer, I'm glad that you were born."








Life has grown so much dearer, I'm glad that you were born."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
We're glad Brinlee was born too. Now you just need to come visit us so we can see her!
Happy 1st birthday to Brinlee! It sounds like you had a fun day with her.
Natalie was the same way-- never took bottles. She took a little while to take a sippy cup, then longer to decide milk was okay. Now, she's quite the fan, although she will only drink warm milk. Good luck with Brinlee's transition!
We're glad that the day turned out so well! We're sorry about not having sent Brinlee's gift earlier, but it should be there in a day or two! I(sharifa) love the cute little ponytail on the top of her head, it looks so cute!!!!
So cute! I love that her hair is in pig-tails for her birthday. Can't wait to see you guys so the girls can play together!
Post a Comment