Friday, November 27, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving-Now Can We Get Out the Christmas Stuff?


All three kids were glued to the tv while the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parage was on. Proof that they truly are my kids.

Sadie helping me whip the potatoes. She told me several times that Nana lets her do it all by herself.

Brinlee trying to get some of Sadie's pie.

Brinlee enjoying her handfuls of mashed potatoes and roll.

Sadie posing with her feast.

Brinlee helping Sadie play Guitar Hero.


Brad and Sadie writing their thanfuls for the Thankful Bag.


The kids stretched out on the ottoman watching A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving.



Here is a list of the top ten thankfuls of the day:
1-I am thankful for School- can you guess who wrote that one- Not Brad that's for sure
2- I am thankful for Captain Skunkbeard, doggies, and Buzz Lightyear
3- I am thankful for Brinlee sleeping thru the night and taking a cup
4- I am thankful for soda and football
5- I am thankful for our new sectional couch
6- I am thankful for tvi- that is tv spelled by Sadie
7- I am thankful for mom and pa and a brother and a sister
8- I am thankful for Christmas music- especially the Nutcracker
9- I am thankful that Santa gets us the presents we want even if mom and pa don't- she needed a little help writing that one
10- I am thankful that it is so warm on Thanksgiving in Arizona

6 comments:

Deborah Thue said...

I am thankful for a daughter that keeps me "posted" on a blog and for the pics she and her cute husband take. I am thankful that I have the darlingest grand-kidlets in the world! I am thankful that 'Cap'n Drew' is still enjoying his hat and swords. I am thankful that Claire and Sadie are good enough cooks to have their own food network channel. I am thankful that Brad was able to write today for something other than grad school homework. I am thankful that Brinlee is mobile and can keep her sister and brother on their toes. I am thankful that SOMEBODY is already ready for Christmas (it sure isn't me!)
love,
nana 2E
I love the pic of the kids on the ottoman watching the traditional christmas tv specials. Also the one of Brinlee begging off the kid's plates. And the one of Sadie w/ her arm around Brinlee. OK, I guess they're all my favorite!

Mallory said...

You sure have some cute kids! I love that blue and brown outfit Brinlee is wearing. It will definitely need to be past down to baby girl Grover. P.S. Where are the pictures you were going to email me?

The Wilson Family said...

How fun- Your kids are so stinking cute! How lucky they are to have you for their mama:)

Deborah Thue said...

PS LOVE the new blog background!

Lisa in AK said...

I'm glad somebody still watches the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade! Unfortunatly, that tradition never took with our kids. The kids are adorable, especially your sous chef. I'm glad it's warm enough there for Brinlee to be naked while eating.

Deborah Thue said...

I just LOVE that picture of Sadie with her arm around Brinlee, and cute Drew in his pirate geer. I have the cutest grandkids in the world!
love, nana 2E