Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Truth Be Told... My Daughter is a Hoarder

Last night I asked Sadie where her wallet was. She replied with "I don't know, maybe under my bed." As I looked under her bed, I was shocked at what I saw. My mom made these cute little dust ruffles that go along the edge of the bed- and also doubles as a shield to the hoarding maddness of Sadie. As soon as I got home from dropping Sadie off at school today, I headed upstairs with a garbage bag to clean out the under-the-bed mess. Silly me to think that one small walmart bag would do the trick. I spent five minutes under the bed shoveling things out and as I crawled out this is what I saw. I was amazed by how much she had shoved under there that I had to take a picture to document. There were papers from atleast a year ago as well as doll diapers, puzzle pieces, and other randomness. Apparently every time I have asked Sadie to put something in the garbage or put it away- that is code for go shove it under your bed. I wonder how long it will take for her to notice that I cleaned it up. The other two pics are of Sadie and Drew doing their "pirateing" and Brinlee observing me cleaning up Sadie's mess. I stole the other pic from my mom's blog. It is a picture of me and bares a striking resemblance to a certain offspring of mine. Can you see it???







5 comments:

Deborah Thue said...

Oh my gosh! I'm afraid nana 2E gave Sadie something more that just 'dust ruffles' - she comes my the hoarding naturally - it just skipped a generation...sorry. Love the of Brinlee in the crib watching you. Never get tired of the pirates... I love how LONG Sadie's hair is! so pretty!
love, nana 2E

Deborah Thue said...

PS love your new blog look
nana 2E

Deborah Thue said...

I just enlarged the pic of the stuff....whaddya mean junk?
love,
nana 2E

Stephen and Erin said...

Holy Cow!! Brinlee looks just like you! Love the picture of the pirates fighting!

Terina said...

LOL just your title alone made me laugh! Cute story!