Sunday, March 7, 2010

Sisters

On Friday as we were getting ready to head out the door to walk Sadie to school, I asked Sadie to keep an eye on Brinlee while I ran up to start a load of laundry. When I came back down I found the two of them cuddled up on the couch enjoying a cartoon. I had to stealthy run up stairs and grab the camera to capture the moment. Sadie is such a good big sister and I know that she and Brinlee are already great friends and will continue to be in the future. I am very different than my sister, but I love her so much and am grateful that I got to have a sister. It is sad to me that we live so far apart now- opposite ends of the country to be exact. She is having a baby girl in the next couple of weeks and I wish we could be closer so I could help her when the baby comes. I guess I am just happy that my girls have eachother and that they will get to have that sister relationship that I had and continue to have with my little sister. Here's to sisters!
PS- We do live in the warm Arizona where winter hardly occurs- but in the wee morning hours it is a bit chilly- hence Brinlee's attire.

4 comments:

Ashley said...

Very cute sister moment!! I bet it just makes your heart melt when you see that.

paula said...

Here's to sisters! I'm in calif with my sisters right now having sister-time. As a mom (I guess you join that club now!) nothing warms your heart like seeing your daughters care for eachother. What darling pics. Good stealthy photography skills Claire!
love,
nana 2E

Deborah Thue said...

ooops! that comment was from me - you probably figured that out already...anyway...
love,
nana 2E

Deborah Thue said...

PS love the arctic attire!