Saturday, March 13, 2010

SMURFS!

My kids magically were transformed into smurfs tonight. They were in the backyard "helping" Brad dig up weeds when they happended upon a piece of blue chalk. Brad was so engulfed in the weeding that he failed to notice them coating eachother in the blue chalk. We are not just talking a little chalk on the hands here. Both of them were blue from feet to face. Brad attempted to hose them done, but that only made the problem worse because Drew took his slightly moist self and proceded to roll around on the cement that they had also covered in blue chalk. This is about the time that I walked outside and found them. Do you remember those commercials where the kids are making a huge mess and the parents walk in and instead of yelling at them they join in the making of the huge mess and then you hear a voice say "Take time for Family. Brough to you by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints."? Well, as I happend upon this situation in the backyard, I felt like I was in one of those commmercials. Unfortunately, it went something more like this, "Take time...to yell at your kids and tell them to march their little blue butts upstairs to the bath tub for a 4:00 in the afternoon bathing." I did have the where with all to grab a couple of pics before I commenced with the yelling, and I did enjoy a little chuckle(to myself) as I got them out of the bath and saw three little sets of blue foot prints on the bottom of the tub. Good thing I love these little smurfs because they sure are a handful sometimes.




2 comments:

Jed said...

Looks like brad did a good job on the weeds. I don't see any weeds in the rock garden.

Deborah Thue said...

So Cute! So Funny! I'm so glad you took pics. They look so happy and proud of themselves, don't they? You and Brad are a good mommy and daddy. I like your commercial better...:)
love,
nana 2E