Friday, March 19, 2010

Spring Break

Well another year of spring break is upon is, and I have to say it has not been as eventful as last year. We have been keeping it a little more low key this year, mostly for my sanity. We started out the week by going to the dentist- yippee. For the sake of not looking like a horrible mom- let me just say that Sadie had a "handful" of cavities that we found out about at last month's dental cleaning. I of course freaked out at the thought of taking a freaking out Sadie to the dentist to have these cavities all filled. We have the best dentist in the world(if you live in the area and want her info, I will happily provide) and she talked me down and helped me make a plan. We decided to have an initial appointment to fix two of the cavities and see how Sadie handled it. If things went sour- we woud go to option b which was taking her to a pediatric dentist and most likely sedating her for the fillings. We went to the first appointment- and thanks to our good friend happy gas- Sadie made it through just fine. Monday was her last appointment and I can safely say that the only pain felt in this whole process was by my checkbook. So what a way to start spring break huh. Anything after the dentist would be fun right? We had a fun neighborhood bbq on Monday night, complete with a popcorn cart. The kids thought it was amazing to eat dinner outside with all of their friends- and to get fresh hot popcorn was even better. We then spent a couple of morning at the pool getting our first swim of the season in. Our pool is supposed to be heated this week, but due to a propane leak- it is pretty cold water still. Sadie and Drew were brave and jumped in anyway. I sat on the side with Brinlee and enjoyed my first sun burn of the season-ouch! Today Brad took the day off so we could go to a park where you can feed ducks, ride a train, and a carousel. How fun does that sound. It was a great time- with a little rain but who can complain about that here in the AZ. There were tears shed when it was time to go home- but I just take that as a sign that they had a really good time- and of course that it must be close to nap time. All in all we have had a fun week. Sadie is itching to get back to school on Monday- and I have to admit I am too.








3 comments:

Deborah Thue said...

The funnest spring break EVER! (I cannot believe there is not a fence of some kind around the pond!) Lets hear in for SPRING BREAK (in your family that is)!
love, nana 2E

The Wilson Family said...

How fun - your kids are SOOO cute!

Deborah Thue said...

NO FAIR!!! It's snowing here today! I'm just sayin...
love,
nana 2E