Monday, August 16, 2010
8 years and 1 week
I haven't had a chance to post about mine and Brad's anniversary which was last week- so I am doing it now which means happy 8 years and 1 week anniversary to us! We stayed pretty low key this year. We had take out Olive Garden on Saturday- just the two of us- while the kids ate buzz and woody mac n cheese. They begged some breadsticks off of us- but other than that we had a lovely meal. Our actual anniversary was the first day of school and my dad was here so we all went out to dinner as a fam to Sadie's favorite..Fudds. Brad got me the newsest Mary Higgings Clark book and I got him a 49ers sign to add to his collection on the garage wall. I looked back at my post last year about our anniversary. I really thought we were so busy then with life and school that things would be slower this year- but I was wrong. Now we are just busy with different things like church callings and the day to day life of 3 active kids. Brad got out his pez dispenser collection for the kids to look at this weekend and in the same box was a huge pile of notes he had saved that we wrote to eachother in high school. I had a nice walk down memory lane reading through some of them. I am so glad we are through those crazy days of high school- even if it means we are onto the crazy days of adult life. I meant to take a pic of the two of us yesterday to post- but time got away from me. Hopefully I can snag one tonight and get it posted. Happy 8 years and 1 week and many many more to come!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Amen to happy 8 and 1 week! We are thankful and proud of you guys. When I think about the day you 2 married it makes me smile. We love your little fam. And I can already see that you have earned a great life perspective...things don't get easier (or harder for that matter)...they just get different. Someone told me once, a long time ago, to just learn to enjoy roller-coasters; and I think that attitude has helped me enjoy life more - ALL of it. Your family seems to be doing that, so you're ahead of your time there. Thanks for getting married
Brad & Claire...and I suppose you can guess what your Dad says..."Thanks for being the "hosts" for the grandkidlets!" (He made me say that).
love,
nana 2E
PS Good job keeping the notes from BEHS Brad! :)
Post a Comment