Wednesday, August 25, 2010
Au Revoir Altima
For some reason I get really attached to some odd things. I think I am just sentimental and a little resistant to change. We are still loving our new van. In fact, the kids are still as excited about riding in it today as they were the day we bought it. We have an upcoming vacay to the big D-Land in a few weeks, and I think the van ride to Cali is something they are looking foward to as much as seeing Mickey Mouse himself. Brad and I have both channeled our inner Dave Ramsey(if you don't know who he is- you should really google his name and get to know who he is) and have decided that we will continue on as a one car family for a few more years. It is a bit of an inconvenience at times-like when I walked with the kids to pick up Sadie from school yesterday in the 112 degree temps because Brad had to drive to work- but it is worth it. I will sweat buckets walking in the heat to save some bucks on car insurance and gas- that is just who I am. Anyway, as a result we will be saying farewell to our purple Altima this weekend. The good news is...my parents are buying it so we will be able to still see it and ride in it when we go to visit. Brad was sprucing it up tonight and I snapped some farewell shots while he was working. I cursed that car many a time while I was trying to shove three carseats in the back seat and slam the doors shut before anyone could fall out. But really- it has been a great car for our family. We started with Brad, Sadie, and I in Utah with that car and now we have changed states and added two more little bodies to our family- hence the upgrade to the mini van. Farewell dear Altima. We will miss you but will visit you often and scatter french fries across your floor once more.


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I love this post. It is weird how you can get so attached to things you think drive you crazy. I had the same problem with my old beater when we sold it. It was old and had a zillion miles, but it sure took us on some fun adventures! The line about french fries on the floor cracked me up, but your car was always very clean when we saw it!
PS - loved the Dave Ramsay reference. It drives Matt CRAZY when I listen to talk radio. I'm not sure if he can stand Dave or Dr Laura more, but I don't care haha. We could all use some advice sometimes!
Oh I know how you feel. We're a one vehicle family too and it's no fun sometimes. I rarely and I mean rarely have the car. It's a blessing to have Marissa's school right across the street.
Post a Comment