Friday, August 6, 2010
Throwing in the Towel
Or I guess it would be throwing in the towels. This of course referring to our summer at the pool. The crazy lazy days of summer have officially come to an end. We went for our last swim this morning and I'd say we had a pretty succesful time at the pool this year. Sadie and Drew excelled in their swimming lessons which means Sadie can now dive and Drew can swim without floaties. Brinlee inherited Drew's old set of floaties and is pretty content to swim around the steps all on her own. It was a hassle to get everyone in and out of swimming suits and all lathered up with sunscreen each day- but well worth it to have some worn out kids that took good naps- and of course some good summer memories too. Sadie starts first grade on Monday. We met her teacher at back to school night a couple of days ago and I think we lucked out again this year with getting a teacher who is a perfect fit for Sadie. I am sure we will still swim ocassionaly since it is still well above 100 degrees here- but we will say farewell to our regular routine of morning swims until next year.


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Holy Moly, check out that tan! Sadie has all the luck. I can't believe school is already starting. We miss you guys!
Look at that little Sadie! She is so dark! You can tell you were vigilant pool goers by the tans! What a good mommy!
I love those little brown fishes!!! Tell them to take Grandpa Ronald swimming with them when he comes to visit in a few days!
love,
nana 2E
Post a Comment