Monday, August 9, 2010

First Grade Here She Comes

Sadie went back to school today! I don't think I have seen her smile as big as she did this morning all summer long. She of course layed out her outfit last night- right down to the hair clips she wanted. My dad is here on business for a couple of days so he was around this morning for all the excitement. Sadie had the great idea last year of taking a picture with each of us before she went to school so if we missed her while she was gone- we could just look at the picture. Brinlee wasn't really too cooperative- but I think all the others turned out cute. We walked today which turned out to be a good idea since the parking lot was jam packed. Sadie was a little bit reluctant to leave my side- but the nice teacher working the drop off area told her how pretty she looked and won Sadie over. She waved to all of us as she walked to her area on the playground, and just like that...1st grade has begun.








3 comments:

Deborah Thue said...

Sadie looks so pretty! And so grownup! :(/:) Love the hair-do. I'm glad Dad could be there for the fun. Even Drew looks older. Love the pic of Brinlee struggling to get off of Sadie's lap, while Sadie just maintains her composure. Congratulations Claire, on shepherding your daughter through one of life's defining experiences. I know you're feeling proud of her, and I'm feeling proud of MY daughter on the first day of 1st grade too.

Love, nana 2E

Rachel Hanchett said...

so cute, what a little lady!

Anonymous said...

Cute hairstyle! I love how she wanted to take pictures in case YOU guys missed her and not the other way around :) Happy Anniversary to you guys too! It is fun we all share the same date, I had forgotten Ali and Briggs was yesterday too. Hope you guys did something fun!