Tonight we had a reto themed dinner. The kids had actual tv dinners for their meal. I am not a huge fan of these. I think they stink and the food is less than nutricious- but the kids love them. I vaguley remember as a child begging my mom for these frozen dinners but now I see her wisdom is saying no. Anyway, tonight I caved and let them have their microwaveable dinner on a blue tray. They LOVED it! I don't know if it was because they got to decide what we were eating or the little blue tray it was in or the disgusting warm chocolate pudding with sprinkles- but food was eaten quickly and quietly which is a rareity around here. Brad and I somewhat participated in retro night with a little help from my pal Marie Calendar and her gourmet pot pies. Brad was sporting his retro 49ers jersey in honor of their MNF(Monday Night Football for you non football widows out there) game tonight. We polished off the evening with some brownie ice cream sundaes. They don't really fit the retro theme, but they were delicious none the less. As we were eating, I told Brad I felt a little guilty for the lack of work that went into our meal tonight. His response, "Why?" Maybe I will rely on frozen foods a little more for our dining needs, but probably not.
Monday, September 20, 2010
Retro Night
Tonight we had a reto themed dinner. The kids had actual tv dinners for their meal. I am not a huge fan of these. I think they stink and the food is less than nutricious- but the kids love them. I vaguley remember as a child begging my mom for these frozen dinners but now I see her wisdom is saying no. Anyway, tonight I caved and let them have their microwaveable dinner on a blue tray. They LOVED it! I don't know if it was because they got to decide what we were eating or the little blue tray it was in or the disgusting warm chocolate pudding with sprinkles- but food was eaten quickly and quietly which is a rareity around here. Brad and I somewhat participated in retro night with a little help from my pal Marie Calendar and her gourmet pot pies. Brad was sporting his retro 49ers jersey in honor of their MNF(Monday Night Football for you non football widows out there) game tonight. We polished off the evening with some brownie ice cream sundaes. They don't really fit the retro theme, but they were delicious none the less. As we were eating, I told Brad I felt a little guilty for the lack of work that went into our meal tonight. His response, "Why?" Maybe I will rely on frozen foods a little more for our dining needs, but probably not.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Claire - you are so stinking cute...I love it! Yeah the warm pudding with sprinkles gives me the willies:)
Those Marie Callendar Pot Pies are SO GOOD! We love those!
You guys are always doing such fun things. Like mother like daughter I guess
I love those little pixie bangs on Brinlee!
love,
nana 2E
Post a Comment