We signed Drew up for soccer a few weeks ago and have been anxiously awaiting his first game. He had a practice last week where we learned he would be playing goalie part time. He had his first game yesterday and did great. He played goalie for 3 of the 4 quarters partly because he was so good at it and partly because the other little boy he was sharing the position with didn't want to do it. It was soooo hot yesterday and the poor kid was sweating away but wouldn't take a break for a drink. He had one of his coaches next to him at the goal helping him get ready each time the ball would come his way. He scooted from side to side and blocked the majority of the balls that came his way. He played out on the field for one quarter and was probably the fastest kid out there- just not always running in the right direction and not always trying to kick the ball- but it was only the first game so I am sure he will get it soon. Our Saturday mornings will now be filled with cheering for the Orange Cheetahs and their star goalie Drew.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
They shoot! They DON'T SCORE!!! That's right, because Drew is the Goalie! YAY! What a fun sight that was, I'm so glad I got to see it in person. Drew really has some moves, eh? I was very impressed. I was also impressed with Sadie's stamina (tramping all over the field in the heat), cheering Drew on, Brad's expert coaching, Brinlee's 'quick getaways, and Claire's ability to chase her down so fast. Now that I think of it maybe Claire is the best goalie!
love,
nana 2E
Carson would like to know where Drew's other leg is in that second picture. That and why he wasn't invited to movie night with Nana. My efforts to explain both have proved in vain. Let me know if you have any better ideas.
Loved reading your posts Claire! That's so fun they are doing extra curricular stuff. I used to think I didn't want my kiddos in all that but now that they are doing piano, karate, and dance I know how great it is for them to have something to look forward to besides school every week! Hope to catch up soon! xos
"GO DREW!" We hope that you have fun playing soccer! Miss you all and can't wait to see you! Maybe Drew can show Ethan some moves when you guys come to visit!
Post a Comment