Sunday, April 3, 2011

Movie Night With Nana







My mom came for a little visit this past week to celebrate her birthday. I tried to be creative and fun and have lots of birthday surprises for her- but as usual she out did me in the creative and fun department by coming up with Movie Night. This was not your regular pop some popcorn and watch a movie - this was quite the elaborate night. We had tickets and treat bags and popcorn buckets and little signs telling how many tickets it was for each item. We watched Tangeld so we also had to have stickers for everyone so they could decorate their treat boxes to match the movie. My kids had a blast. We got out their little tents for the event and they loved it! Brinlee's attention level isn't quite there yet so she mostly went from tent to tent trying to cause trouble- unless of course it was one of the songs in the movie at which point she puts on a full blow concert with dance moves and singing. I tried to re-create another movie night on Saturday after she had gone home- but alas my efforts were not as fun as Nana and they only liked it about half as much as the night before. Good thing Nana comes to visit often and brings her bag of tricks with her.

1 comment:

Deborah Thue said...

Great Pics! Thanks so much for inviting me to visit for my b-day. You guys made it so festive and special, I truly felt pampered and celebrated from the dinner out at BJ's to the balloons and crepe paper streamers upon my arrival.
Thanks also for my presents, and for letting me go my usual crazy. I'll try to tone it down a little on the next visit. (I know,you're saying, yeah, right!)
Love you guys so much!
nana 2E