Monday, April 18, 2011

Nesting Already???











A couple of weeks ago Brad and I were discussing the layout of the kid's rooms and how things would need to change once we moved the crib into Drew's room since we are having another boy. I decided it might be worth it to get another set of bunk beds for the boys room since eventually we would need four beds. We thought we might look into moving the rooms around and getting some new furniture sometime in June. Well a week went by and June was just not going to work for me- I wanted to do all of it right now. So this last weekend we bought a new set of bunk beds and mattresses and some new bookshelves for each room and went to town assembling and moving furniture. I even got out all of the kids clothes that I have been storing and got rid of a bunch of baby girl stuff since we know this is our last baby. I pulled out all the baby boy stuff and have it all laundered and sitting in the drawer waiting for a little baby to wear it. We went ahead and moved the crib into Drew's room which means Brinlee has now graduated to a big girl bed. We decided to skip the toddler bed and go right to the twin which is the bottom bunk of the bunk beds that she shares with Sadie. I know it was a little early to transition her, but I thought I would rather do it sooner rather than later. The first night she was out of bed atleast ten times and finally crashed around 9:00pm. She did sleep all night though and came walking into our room around 6:30 with Sadie holding hands. Her nap the next day and bedtime that night all went great. She didn't get out of bed or even try to talk to Sadie. Last night was night #3 and it was the worst. She was out of bed every ten seconds and even climbed the ladder up to Sadie's bed a few times. I sat next to the bed with my back to her for a good 20 minutes and she finally fell asleep. She is napping now and went down without too much fuss so hopefully we are back on the up side of this whole transition. To complicate matters, she has been potty training as well. I figure if you are going to make one change in a toddler's life- you might as well make two. Here are a few pics of the new furniture and the room set-ups as well as Drew and Brinlee napping away in their new beds. My pregnancy is going well. I had a dr. appt. last week and my blood pressuer was normal. We are almost down to less than 100 days until we meet baby Cole. It is going fast most days. School will be out in a few weeks and then the time is really going to fly. Hopefully Brinlee will be sleeping all night in her bunk bed by then- or else I may just buy another crib- just kidding- kind of.

6 comments:

Ashley said...

I had that same problem when I was pregnant with Jackson I was freaking out when I was 10 weeks along thinking that we wouldn't have enough time to get everything done. Guess its what happens when you have a bunch a hormones running through you. The rooms look very cute. Sorry that brinlee isn't taking to a real bed so well. I hope that gets better at least before Cole comes. I'm so glad to hear that your blood pressure is normal. That has to be a lot of relief for you and your family. I hope the rest of the pregnancy goes smoothly.

Deborah Thue said...

What fun, happy bedrooms. Such a lot of work! Good WORK!!!
Also, such a brave move to have 2 'toddler transitions' at one time. Good luck and hang in there!
love,
nana 2e

The Wilson Family said...

How fun! I am so excited for you guys...we too just transitioned from toddler bed to the bunk bed for Kent - let me know if you find any tricks to keep them in bed:)

Sharla said...

When I saw the title of your post, I had to laugh. Our pregnancies may be timed the same, but I'm definitely not nesting! I can hardly get a thing done. Hopefully I get over this and get things accomplished before I've got 4 kids to chase. We're thinking of making the transition out of a crib for Natalie. You never know how they'll do! Good luck with Brinlee and I hope your pregnancy continues to go well.

Deborah Thue said...

P.S. Thanks for always posting so many pics of my cute grand-kidlets. It makes me so happy to click on your blog and see that there are new pics. I know it's kind of a pain to post sometimes, but I really love and appreciate it.
"The next best thing to being there"
:)
love, nana 2E

Deborah Thue said...

Hey. How come I always check on your blog, but you never check on mine? Probably 'cause It doesn't have pics of cute little kidlets on it, huh? ;)
love,
mom xo