Brad has been a 49ers fan ever since I have known him. I remember hearing the story when we were dating of how he had gone to a fireside where Steve Young spoke and how he got to shake Steve Young's hand afterward and how he said he was never going to wash that hand again. To say he is a fan of the team is an understatement. He even wore his 49ers tie to church today because he wore it last week and they won so why wouldn't he wear it today. Cole had a matching outfit so I snapped a pic of them together before church. When the 49ers were slated to play this evening in hopes of going on to the Super Bowl, we just had to celebrate. We are always looking for a good reason for a party around here. And really, I knew that they were going to lose and not go to the Super Bowl so we needed to celebrate while the getting was good.(If Brad knew that I thought this he would kill me and probably blame the team's loss this evening on my negative vibes) We had every red and gold food imagineable. Meatball sandwhiches on hoagie bunns, bbq and plain potatoe chips, macaroni salad with bacon(no one at my house will go near a red pepper so bacon was the closest I could come to red), cream soda and red mountain dew. And the desserts fit the theme as well, valentine m&ms, gold reses pb cups, and cake balls with red sprinkles. Sadie assisted me in the decor by finding every piece of 49ers memorablillia that we own and making a cute SF sign that she came up with all by herself. It was a fun night despite the 49ers loss. Here are some pics from the night. I will leave out the one of Brad stuffing his face with cake balls after the game ended. Food is love.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Aw, such a good wife!
You are sooo cute!
And so fun...what a happy,
party house!
The food looks delish-
especially the cake balls!
I love how you (and Sadie)
can make a celebration
out of just about anything!
Thanks for the pics (especially
the one of Cole with Brad).
You can't start them too
young, eh?
love,
nana 2e/mom
Post a Comment