A couple months back we decided to start having each of the kids take turns being in charge of Family Home Evening. Brad or I would assist them in picking a topic and getting a lesson together, but after that they would run the show. Sadie took the first turn and gave us a lovely lesson on Love. It was very sweet and thoughtful- just like Sadie. Drew was up next and he knew exactly what he wanted his lesson to be about. He chose the Armor of God as his topic. He spent the afternoon before his family night gathering up items to be used in his armor demonstration. As we read scriptures throughout the lesson, Drew dressed in the "Armor of God." When we finished with the last piece, we brought out the trusty nerf dart gun and shot some "fiery darts" at him which of course he stopped with his shield of truth. It was a fun lesson for everyone and made Drew feel pretty special I think.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh that is such a good idea!! I love the topic for Drew's lesson!
Post a Comment