Another school year has come to an end. This week we had a full week of end of the year activities. It was so nice to have Nana here to come along to all of the assemblies and graduations. We started out the week with Drew's preschool graduation. He got to share what he wanted to be when he grows up. His first and second choice were a pirate and a super hero and then he settled on police officer as his third choice. His graduation was so cute. Miss Rachel, his teacher, did a fantastic job with him this past year. He got a graduation certificate and is now officially ready for kindergarten. He sure is going to miss going to school with his two buddies Jack and Sam. Later that afternoon I took birthday treats into Sadie's class. She was able to celebrate her birthday early since it will be summertime when it is her actual birthday. When I took the treats in, her class was not in their classroom. There was an assembly going on in the gym so I stopped in there to see if I could see her class. Her teacher found me and said that not 2 minutes earlier Sadie had received a big award. She was nominated for character of the year for kindergarten through second grade and she won! Her teacher felt so bad that she hadn't told me so I could be there to see her get it. It was top secret info and not even her teacher knew she had won until they announced it. I was most likely in the parking lot of the school when she was getting the award- bummer! Anyway, she was given a little congratulations card and a 10 dollar gift card to target. Lucky girl! We are so proud of her for being the character of the year. On Thursday we were able to go to another awards assemble for Sadie where she was given an attendance award as well as an honor roll award. Then it was off to the airport to drop Nana off. Good thing she is coming back in a few weeks for Sadie's baptism. Today Brad got off work early so we could go to Sadie's class for one more round of awards from her teacher and a video presentation that included a class music video. It was pretty cute. We were also treated to ice cream sundaes as we watched the video. At one point, Drew was getting bored. We are trying to teach him that we all support each other in this family, but after a few minutes of his whining I caved and let him play angry birds on the ipod. The next thing we knew, four little boys from Sadie's class were gathered around him watching him play. Good thing it was the last day of school or we might have been asked to leave. When it was time to go, Sadie gave her teacher Mrs. Van a big hug and they were both holding back the tears. Mrs. Van has been her teacher for the past 2 years and we will miss her a lot. I mentioned that maybe if Brad and I made a sizeable donation to the school, maybe we could arrange for Sadie to get her next year too. It has been a busy eventful week, but I am glad that we were able to go to most everything. I am so darn proud of these kids of mine. They are growing up so fast and becoming such amazing little people. Now it is on to summer. Swimming, library, Disneyland, baptism, baseball games, swimming, no more naps for Drew, swimming, tent building(thanks to Nana and her ingenious new tent building materials), did I mention swimming?
Drew ready to go to graduation holding the flower to give to his teacher.
Telling everyone he wants to be a police officer when he grows up.
Drew with his best buddies Jack and Sam.
Sadie waiting patiently to hear what award she will get from her teacher.
Mrs. Van giving out the awards.
Mrs. Van and Sadie on the last day of school. (Sadie looks drugged but it's the only pic I got of the two of them.)
Drew with his new found second grade friends.
5 comments:
What a great time I had being with you guys for just a few days. I cannot believe all the things you do with the kids in any given week...whew!!It was so great to see Drew's graduation and Sadie's awards assembly. Talk about wonderful kids. I know I could be called prejudiced, but I think they are remarkably above average kidlets! Brinlee and Cole should have no problems following in Sadie and Drew's footsteps! Thanks for raising such 'brag-worthy' grand-kidlets for me and Dad! They are all loving and amazing, and I miss you ALL already!!!
love,
nana 2e
P.S.
CLaire, you get an A+
on being a school mom this year.
(just thought I'd mention that also!)
love, mom xo
I can't believe they are growing up so fast! And kindergarten!!?? And Sadie is getting baptized!!?? Oh my heck! We are coming to AZ for Thanksgiving so we MUST get together! Can't wait to see you!
Way to go Sadie!! It's great to hear that both kids are doing so well in school. Is Brinlee going to go to pre-school in the fall? Good luck on all the fun summer activities!
Post a Comment