Monday, October 22, 2012

Drew Turns 6 aka The Birthday of the Force










Drew turned 6 last week and boy was that kid spoiled.  He started the day with the traditional birthday donut and then was showered in gifts.  Without really trying, this birthday kind of morphed in to a Star Wars theme.  I had planned on making a cake for Drew, but as we were getting some groceries at Costco the day before, he was drawn to this massive chocolate cake and begged for it to be his birthday cake.  Since I am a cool mom and a little lazy, I agreed.  We had this cool darth vader bobble head toy to give him so we just placed it in the middle of the cake and voilla- instant Star Wars birthday cake. We had a great day playing at the park and trying out the new toys and video games.   The result of said birthday would be that our sword/light saber supply has grown sufficiently and that my little boy is a  6 year old.  What????  How is that even possible?

4 comments:

Deborah Thue said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Deborah Thue said...

good thing you are
such a cool mom!
i cannot believe
my Drew-babe is 6!
aaaahhh!
what a cutie he is.
(and so are his sisters
and baby brother, or course)
love,
nana 2e

Deborah Thue said...

ps
love love love
the new family pics!
every. single. one.
nana 2e

Ashley said...

Hope he had a wonderful birthday!! I can't believe he is already 6!!! Time just flys!! I love your new family photos!! Also can a have a 4 x 6 copy of your family photo so I can update mine... the kids all look so grown up!!