Friday, October 12, 2012

Pumpkins

On Monday we decided to have our annual pumpkin decorating family night.  We bought some kits this year that I thought only contained foam stickers.  Wrong on that one.  Upon opening them, we discovered there was paint in each kit.  The kids were ecstatic, me not so much.  They didn't turn out exactly like the example on the packaging, but that's okay.  Activities like this are a good practice for me in controlling my controlling issues.  If it were up to me, I would just do everyone's pumpkins for them while they watched me.  Brad is a nice balance to me because he is on the opposite side of the scale and is perfectly content to let the kids have at it and do their own thing.  I think you can see in the expression on each child's face holding up their pumpkins that they couldn't be more proud of the works of art.  Now we just cross our fingers that the AZ heat doesn't shrivel our pumpkins before Halloween!















3 comments:

The Phillips said...

Very cute!

Elizabeth Farnsworth said...

Those are so cute! I think they turned out fabulously!

Deborah Thue said...

HOW FUN! I love how you said it was good for you to work on
"controlling your controlling issues". hee-hee
the punkins all turned out so cute, and you are right, the kids each look so proud of their creation. i love how Cole is looking at Brad like,"yeah, we both made that, huh Pa?"
good job!
love,
nana 2e