Monday, April 29, 2013

Booked Solid

Brad was out of town last week for work.  I barely kept my head above water- but we made it.  By the time I picked him up on Friday afternoon, I was in desperate need of a nap.  There is a three hour time change between here and Philadelphia so Brad was looking for a nap too.  We went to bed at 9:00 Friday, Saturday, and Sunday nights and now I think we are back on track.  And it is a good thing too because we are going to need our energy.  I am not a huge calendar person.  I don't utilize the notes or calendaring function on the ipod, though maybe I should.  After realizing that this next month is pretty busy for us and that my brain was not going to be able to hold all of the info, I broke out a calendar and had a little planning session with Brad last night.  To my surprise, we are booked solid for the month of May.  I don't think there is even one day in that month when we don't have something going on.  This is not the norm for us thank goodness.  But with the end of gymnastics, soccer, and then end of school, we are in for a busy time.  I got the kids off to school this morning and through the morning routine with the other two kids and then sat down to work on my menu and grocery lists.  The phone rang and it was the school nurse calling to tell me that Drew was in her office we a sore throat.  I packed everyone up and went down to pick him up.  He seems fine to me really.  No fever, though the nurse thought he had one.  He sat at the table and did all his worksheets for the day, had some lunch and a popsicle, watched a movie, and has now made a miraculous recovery.  I guess my meal planning will have to wait til tomorrow.  There is a pot of gold at the end of this busy rainbow... We leave for our big Disneyland trip in 4 weeks! We can't wait!

1 comment:

Deborah Thue said...

I can't believe you've
"kept everything in your
head" for as long as you
have, with 4 kids to boot!
You are amazing!
love,
mom xo/nana 2e
ps we can't wait either!