We started out Easter week with a family night egg hunt. Each egg had a scripture in it that talked about the events of Easter week leading up to the crucifixion. We talked about certain symbols at Easter and what they represent. After explaining that eggs mean new life and talking about a hollow egg being like the empty tomb, we tried our hand at dying eggs. The kids were less than patient when it came time to letting the eggs sit in the dye, but we still came out with some pretty colored eggs. The Easter Bunny usually makes an early appearance at our house on Saturday instead of Sunday. This year he was even earlier and came on Friday since we had Drew's first soccer game of the season to get to on Saturday morning and the kids were off of school. Everyone got some new spring clothes in their baskets along with stickers and some treats. Cole got a shovel which he then used as a hockey stick to whack around his plastic eggs. We had some great weather over the weekend and Sunday was no exception. Everyone got dressed in their new Easter duds and assumed the position by the door for the picture taking. We had some beautiful music in church and I think my favorite part of the day was having each child share what they had learned about Jesus and Easter in their classes. We had a yummy dinner followed by a yummy dessert of angel food cake and strawberries. We continue to try our best to teach the kids the true meaning of this holiday. Easter baskets full of goodies are fun and exciting, but we must always remember the greatest gift given to us. The life and eventual death of our Savior. Brinlee gave the talk in primary today and her words are what I have in my heart as well, "Jesus died for me so that I can live again with my forever family."
Happy Easter!
4 comments:
OK. Thanks. now I'm
tearing up. I'm with you-
I do love hearing the kids
say in their own words what
they know to be true about
the plan of happiness. We
are so blessed to have this
knowledge, and I feel so
blessed that you and Brad
are doing such a wonderful
job of teaching my
grandkidlets.
love,
nana 2e/mom xo
You do such a great job teaching your kiddos about the savior on holidays like Easter!! The kids look so cute in their church outfits!!
I agree with Ashley, you're a great example. And look at those cute kiddos!! We miss you guys!!!
Ps - I love Coles cute little personality in these last two pics. What a funny boy.
Post a Comment