Monday, February 17, 2014

Everything is Awesome!

As I mentioned in my last post, Brad and Drew just saw the new Lego Movie on Saturday for Brad's birthday.  Last night Brad mentioned that there is a Lego Movie video game for the Xbox that looks pretty fun.  We have a lot of the other lego video games and they are super fun and easy for the kids to play.  He mentioned that it had been selling out but that it looked like a couple stores in the area still had it.  This morning as I was contemplating what to do with the kids on yet another day off of school(they just had 1/2 days last Thursday and Friday for parent teacher conferences) I decided we would go on an adventure to find this game.  It sounded fun and easy and entertaining.  Drive to a couple of stores and hopefully find the game and surprise Brad this afternoon.  Well- let's just say this was not one of my better plans.  I told the kids of our adventure early this morning in hopes that they would be well behaved while I exercised.  Instead, they were asking me every five seconds when I was going to be done so we could go.  I finally finished, got showered and ready for the day, and got everyone a snack and in to the van.  Walmart's online info said that a store a few miles away had the game so off we went.  Come to find out- they didn't.  The associate was less than helpful( big surprise- it is Walmart right) and I hauled my whole brood back out to the car.  As we were driving to the next store, I decided to let me fingers do the walking and I called five more stores only to hear that nobody had this game.  At this point, the kids are starting to think this adventure is a bunch of baloney.  I sat in a Target parking lot and called four more stores.  None of them had it.  I was getting ready to throw in the towel when Brad called.  I told him what we were doing and how I was failing miserably at finding this game.  He said he had a minute before a meeting and he would try calling a video game store that is close to our house.  Two minutes later he called back telling me they had one copy of the game left and they would hold it for me til I got there.  I told the kids the news and cheers rang out in the van.  There is a song in the Lego Movie called Everything is Awesome and the kids sang it over and over as we made our way to the game store.  By this time we needed a potty break and some nourishment so we grabbed our game and then a quick bite to eat at Panda Express.  A fun adventure was had by all...eventually.

3 comments:

Deborah Thue said...

Drew really does look as
though, "everything
is awesome"!
love,
mom xox/nana 2e

Ashley said...

Glad you finally found the game. We too had to figure out the hard way if Walmart says they have something it usually means they don't. Our family really enjoyed the Lego movie ... Gives you a great outlook on life. Everything is awesome!

Deborah Thue said...

"...eventually"
I love that. Things
sometimes take a while
and some grief before
they work out...eventually.
You are right.
Just keep swimming...
love,
mom xox