A friend of mine in the neighborhood has often commented on my kids riding bikes without helmets. I once told her that helmets are so expensive that I just haven't been able to bring myself to by four of them. She then said, "Well it does protect their brains, but whatever." Guess that shows where my priorities are huh. Anyway, I got the great idea that I would by each kid a helmet and give it to them for Valentines day. I did put a couple fun things from the dollar section at target in each helmet in case they were disappointed with the helmet. Big surprise- they loved the helmets. I had them set out on the table on Valentines Day morning and the kids were beyond thrilled. Cole wore his for an hour straight- including to school drop off. I got a funny look from the teacher who let Sadie and Drew out of the van. They have worn them every time we have ridden bikes and I am hoping to run in to my neighbor soon so she can see that I am now a good mom who loves her kids brains.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
so glad you heart your
kids brains! what funny
pics! and how fun that they
loved their helmets. love
that Cole wore his to school
drop off-he is such a
funny little man!
love and miss you all,
nana 2e xox
ps
Drew's helmet is so funny,
Sadie looks equestrian, and
Brin looks sooo happy.
love the pics-thanks!
love,
nana 2e
They all look great in their helmets!! My boys love to wear their helmets everywhere.. Ryan wears his just to walk down the sidewalk which is a good thing sometimes as he trips a lot.
Post a Comment