Well I guess it really isn't back to school- since officially this was Sadie's first day of school ever. She had such a great day and I am so proud of her. Drew and I dropped her off at her class bright and early this morning and she couldn't wait to get in the door. I had a huge to do list for the two hours she was going to be gone so I didn't feel too sad about leaving her- especially since she didn't have a hard time leaving me. Drew on the other hand was not too happy about Sadie going somewhere without him. All the way home he wailed in the back seat and every so often I could make out "Adie- cry cry cry- Adie." I guess he felt like the she should not be having fun if he was not there. Shortly after arriving home- he realized he got all the toys to himself- and the drama ceased. The time really did fly by faster than I thought it would- and before I knew it we were headed back to get her. She has a couple of friends in her class so I think that helped ease the tension of the day. As we drove home I got the synopsis of the day. Here are some of the highlights as only Sadie can tell it: "If you hear the little bell ring twice- oh boy- you are in for it and you just better keep your mouth shut." I made a friend- she is a girl and sits at my table- I don't know her name- maybe she doesn't have a name." "I know why all the princess backpacks were gone from target," then I aske her why and she says, "because all the girls and maybe even one boy in my class have them." And last but not least she says, "We got out the flag and said the hedge of palegience today." I really can't belive that she is old enough to be going to actual school. What a great first day!
Getting ready to leave.
Riding in the car on the way to school.
Getting ready to walk up to her classroom.
Drew on the way home after dropping Sadie off.
Sadie- her friend Rory- and her friend Mandy.
1 comment:
Such cute pics...thank you! Cute bows...did you make those Claire? Smarty-pants. Loved the comments, reminds me of another little girl I know on her first day of school.
I tried hard not to cry today ('every new beginning comes from some other beginnings end')
love,
mom and nana 2E
Post a Comment