Tuesday, February 2, 2010
New Table and Bench- Yippee!!!
About five months ago one of our dining room chairs was critically injured and ended up in the garbage. Since then Brad and I have been taking turns sitting on one of the kids little chairs each night for dinner. This poses quite a problem for me since I am already fairly short and end up holding my plate on my lap while I eat. Our table was not much to look at either and was too small for our growing family. Since we bought our lovely sectional off of craigslist, I have been keeping an eye out for kitchen tables there as well. On Sunday night I found a great table that came with a bench that would be perfect for our family. I e-mailed the seller a couple of times that night and found out that it was in fact still available and mine if I wanted it. Brad is really busy with some school projects for the next couple of weeks so I knew if I wanted this table I was going to have to figure out how to get it on my own. I risked being mugged (haha) and ran out to the ATM at 10:00 Sunday night so I wouldn't have to drag the kids there in the morning. I babysat a friends kids for a couple of hours and then begged her mini van in return so I could pick up the table. I mapquested my way to the sellers house and requested his assitance in loading the table and bench into the mini van. I made it home, got the old table into the garage, and the new table and bench in place all without Brad's assitance. I sure do love getting a deal and doing something all on my own. We ate at the table last night- Brad and I sitting on appropriately sized chairs and the kids on the bench. It was heavenly. The last picture is of Brinlee in the act of one of her daily antics. When I lay her down for a nap, she immediately throws out all her blankets and then will yell "mom" repeatedly until I come in and give her back the blankets. I tried to leave her alone a couple of days ago and she yelled for 25 minutes. She is one stubborn girl- I wonder where she gets that from. There is also a random pic in here of some of our Valentine decor taken by Sadie. I promised her I would put it on the blog so there you have it.




Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I'm so proud of your independence (more now than when you were 6 years old...hee hee). Love the new table, it goes perfectly in that space, and the bench is wonderful. I'll bet dinner was so much fun with everybody together. I also appreciate how you so kindly deleted from your post the fact that it was I who murdered
chair #4. There! I've said it!
(I feel so much better now) ;)
love,
nana 2E
P.S. Love that you know where Brinlee gets her wonderful personality trait of stubborness...I mean INDEPENDENCE
LOVE the new table! We are on the verge of outgrowing ours. I think we'd better watch the classifieds. Hopefully we'll get as lucky as you!
Love the new table and bench! So cute!
love the new table! Great find!!
love the new table! Great find!!
Post a Comment