Tuesday, June 22, 2010

The Slipping Slide

We invested in a 5 dollar Toy Story slip-n-slide this past weekend. We broke it out for the maiden voyage for family night last night. Who knew a piece of tarp with a hose running through it would be so fun for kids? Wait, I know who- the people who figured out you could charge 5 dollars for a 5 cent piece of tarp. Brinlee took a while to warm up to it- but when she did- it was pretty darn funny. Brad and I were entertained for a solid 45 minutes. There were a few near misses with one kid going right after the other- but we quickly made some ground rules and things went smoothly from there. Sadie perfected her slide technique and was able to slide the whole length by the end of our evening. We decided to call it a night when Brinlee's diaper had absorbed so much water that it was hanging down to the ground. I was nagged constantly today about when we were going to do the "slipping side" again. I told them that the poor matted down grass in the front yard needed a rest today- but maybe tomorrow. Hooray for finding another fun cheap way to entertain the kids and beat the heat!




5 comments:

Ashley said...

Looks like a whole lot of fun!! Wish we were there to enjoy the slippin slide with them.

Sierra and Matt said...

haha, I love it! Looks like tons of fun.

Deborah Thue said...

Too much fun! (and it didn't even involve matches or lighters!. just remembering our past fireworks fun . I love the one where Drew is pushing Brinlee to get out of the way, Brinlee is just smiling away, and Sadie is reaching out to her, trying to save her. They all have such fun personalities, I can see how you and Brad could be entertained for 45 minutes. I love those "slippy sliders".
love,
nana 2E

The Phillips said...

Slippin slides are so much fun! We might have to get one for Ethan. It looks like your kids loved it!

the Bunker Family said...

Forget the slip-n-slide, I can't believe you have such GREEN grass! I thought you lived in hot and desert-y Arizona?! We're watering our brown weeds here in San Diego and you've got long, luxurious grass. I'm green with envy (ha!). We found a slip-n-slide at a garage sale and Avery has been begging to do it. Without the nice green padding, they sure will be feeling every little pebble and twig beneath them on their little bellies. Your post has inspired me though, maybe today will be the day to fire the thing up and let the water fun begin.