PS-I have been listening to Christmas music on Pandora while writing this post. It is just instrumental thought so it really is okay :).
Tuesday, November 2, 2010
Halloweekend
To effectively move on with my Thanksgiving planning, I need to get this Halloween post out of the way. Don't get me wrong, we had a great Halloween full of lots of candy and hyperness- I am just ready to be done with it and move on. Can you blame me? Thanksgiving and Christmas are coming and let's face it- those are really the meat and potatoe holidays if you ask me. So let me recap our Halloween experience so I can put that minor holiday to bed until next year. Our ward had a Halloween/chili cook-off party on Saturday night so we of course attended that. Sadie and I volunteered to decorate a room in the church for the trick or treating that would follow the dinner. I failed to take any pics of our cute decorations. That's okay though because I apparently didn't use enough tape to secure them, becuase by the time the party rolled around, half of our work was on the floor. Oh well- it was still fun. The kids trick or treated to 16 rooms around the church and got their fair share of candy. They then promptly came home and did the traditional lay it all out on the floor and play with it/catergorize it. We don't need any DNA tests here- these are definitely my children. Brinlee was happy with a pack of smarties and then went off to bed. Sadie and Drew on the other hand bargained for ten minutes about what they could or could not eat before going to bed. I almost wish I would had just let them eat as much as they could on Saturday night and then thrown the rest away. I am still trying to come up with a plan to get them to trade me all of their candy for the Toy Story 3 DVD. We'll see if that one works or not. Sadie and Drew looked so cute in their matching Woody and Jesse costumes and Brinlee was a cute duck who when asked what a duck says would quickly respond with "meow." I think we have a comedian on our hands. So there you have it- Halloweekend 2010 come and gone. This weekend I am getting an early Christmas present- new flooring!!!! I really am so excited which must mean that I have turned into one of those old people who is happy with something practical and useful as a gift. I am hosting Thanksgiving for my side of the family this year which is how I talked Brad into giving me this lovely gift a month and a half before Christmas. I will post pics when it is completed. Now let's get on to THANKSGIVING!!!
PS-I have been listening to Christmas music on Pandora while writing this post. It is just instrumental thought so it really is okay :).




PS-I have been listening to Christmas music on Pandora while writing this post. It is just instrumental thought so it really is okay :).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I know a family who has "The Halloween Fairy". If you leave your candy out overnight, you will get a present and the fairy takes the candy! Sounds like a great idea to me, if only I could get Josh to stop eating the candy and agree to get rid of it!
NO CHRISTMAS MUSIC UNTIL AFTER THANKSGIVING! (ooops...unless you have your own house, then you get to make all the rules. and it was after all only instrumental.heehee)
Anyway, what a cute, happy halloween. What cute, happy kids. I love the 'lining up' of the candy. Categorizing is a pre-reading skill you know.
I like the previous "halloween fairy" idea. It's similar to The Nanny's "binky fairty". You hang the kids trick or treat buckets full of candy on a tree branch (or a cactus) in your yard. In the morning the buckets are empty except for the dvd...or whatever reward you have in mind...NOT CANDY. I'm so excited about your new flooring. Keep us posted. As always, thanks for all the pics and posting. It's the next best thing to being there (sort of...)
Hug all those cute little ghouls and boos from me, ok?
love,
nana 2E
OOOPS! I didn't mean 'binky farty"...I meant "Binky FAIRY"
I HATE when I do that!
love again,
nana 2E
I am so ready for Thanksgiving and Christmas too - you are not alone! Your kiddos look so cute:)
I love this post! (I am listening to Trans Siberian Orchestra Christmas music, but I have the same theory. It's mostly instrumental so it doesn't count.) Hooray for new flooring! I have been begging Matt for new carpet since our condo desperately needs it. Good luck trying to negotiate buckets o'candy for Toy Story 3. haha. Let us know how that turns out!
The kids look so cute! YEAH for new flooring! Have a great Thanksgiving with your family!
Post a Comment