Sunday, September 11, 2011

Nine Years



























Back on Aug. 9th Brad and I celebrated our 9 year wedding anniversary. Cole was born 6 days earlier so we didn't have too big of plans to celebrate. My mom was still here so we decided to have a quick outing. We went to the temple together which is always a nice way to remember the day we were married and then we stopped for some Olive Garden take out on the way home. It was fun to spend a little time together despite the craziness of that week. We had decided not to buy eachother anything as next year will be our 10 year anniversary and if all goes as planned we would like to go on some sort of trip together to celebrate. Brad broke our rule and bought me an awesome gift. I have been talking a while about how I didn't feel like our bedroom looked finished since our bed does not have a headboard. Apparently Brad took note and bought me this beautiful headboard. He even matched the color to our other bedroom furniture. It has storage compartments in it which have come in handy already with all the baby supplies that I need access to in the middle of the night. It really does make our room look finished and I love it. It is hard to believe that we have been married now for 9 years- have 4 kids- have lived in 4 different places- bought a house- got 2 bachelor degrees and a masters degree. It seems like just the other day we were saying goodbye to eachother at the airport as he was leaving for his mission. I think we have rubbed off on eachother a bit. I now get into Michigan football games almost as much as Brad, and he enjoys a food network challenge with me every once in a while as well. We make a pretty good team I think. Here's to nine more years, and nine more after that, and nine more after that- you get the picture.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Happy Anniversary!! Sounds like you had a good one.

Deborah Thue said...

What a cute couple you two make!
I love that first pic you put up.
It seems, to me too,that just yesterday was your wedding day.
You two are building such a remarkable family, and we're so proud of both of you!
Keep up the good work!
love,
nana 2e
P.S. Looooove that headboard! It really does just finish off your room. Go team Brad & Claire!