Monday, October 17, 2011

"I Rode A Camel"










Drew turned five last Thursday. We didn't have many plans for the day until Brad got home from work, so when we were invited to go to the zoo with some friends, we jumped at the chance. We hadn't been to the zoo for a while and it is usually a hit with the kids. We decided to go strollerless which meant I carried Cole in the front pack and the other three kids walked. Brinlee was a champ and made it almost the entire time without complaining that her legs hurt. Good practice since we are making our annual trip to the Disneyland in a little over 3 weeks! Anyway, Drew was sure that this whole outing to the zoo was in honor of his birthday and asked me to take a picture of him at each animal exhibit. The biggest excitement of the day came when the kids all got to go for a camel ride. I thought for sure Sadie would chicken out, but I was wrong. She and Drew both got up on the camel and went for a little ride. What a memory. That afternoon as different family members were calling to wish Drew a happy birthday, he wouldn't even let them finish talking before he would say, "Guess what- I rode a camle today!!!"

1 comment:

Sharla said...

Don't you love how the unplanned things often end up being the most memorable to kids? Sounds like a fun day!