Monday, March 26, 2012

Spring Break 2012




















Spring break has come and gone again for another year. We had a little more easy going spring break this year than years past, but it was still lots of fun. Sadie started out the week by making a schedule of all of our activities. Is she her mother's daughter or what? Our community pool was heated so we started out each day with a swim. The kids all take to the water so quickly as if we haven't taken any time off from swimming. Drew and Sadie now swim completely unassisted. Brinlee still sports the floaties but I am sure she will be joining the independent swimming ranks of Sadie and Drew before summer is over. I tried Cole in the water a couple of times. He didn't hate it, but wasn't a huge fan of it either. My guess is he will like it a lot better once the water is a little warmer. That will happen here in AZ sooner rather than later I am afraid. We fit in a trip to the library, an afternoon lunch date, and lots of reading and video game playing. Brad took Friday off and we all went to see the Lorax. The kids loved it! We downloaded a couple of the songs from the movie to the ipod and they have them memorized now and ask to hear them several times a day. Friday afternoon Brad's brother Matt, his wife Sierra, and their little boy Beckett pulled into town. We had such a fun time visiting with them and watching the cousins play together. I grew up far away from all of my cousins and I am a little sad that my kids are now in the same boat. It sure is great when we can get them together though. We tried swimming again with them, but a storm was rolling in and we only lasted about a half an hour before everyone's teeth were rattling. On Saturday, our good friend Kim was baptized and we were able to take the whole family to her baptism. I think it was really great for Sadie to see someone she knows baptized as she will be getting baptized herself in a short three months!!! All in all it was a great spring break week and gave us a nice taste of what summer will be like. It will be here before we know it!

1 comment:

Deborah Thue said...

You are such a great mom! That spring break schedule looked adorable (and killer!)
I am amazed at all the experiences you give your kids, every single day. You really are preparing them to be amazing adults. What a cute, fun family! (and tiring, I'm sure)
;)
love,
nana 2e/mom