Saturday, July 28, 2012

One Year Older and Wiser Too...

Yesterday was my birthday, and I was spoiled rotten.  Brad may have had his best year yet.  He actually surprised me several times throughout the day.  My favorite gift was a necklace from the vintage pearl that has each of the kids names on it.  It is petite and perfect and I love it soooo much.  He snuck out of the house early in the morning before work and brought back birthday donuts for the whole crew.  We ended the evening with some Olympic Opening Ceremonies viewing and some yummy Cheesecake Factory cheesecake after the kids went to bed.  A perfect end to a great day!  Cole's  birthday is exactly one week after mine.  It took me almost a whole year to realize that.  I guess that shows what state of sleep deprivation I have been surviving in for the past year.  The kids are so excited for his big 1 year party and have been giving me suggestions for a couple weeks now of a theme.  I think we are going with pirate.  Big surprise huh.  





3 comments:

Nicole said...

Nice necklace! And I am glad you had a great birthday. I hope Cole's pirate is awesome. I have had a lot of fun planning Andrew's.

Deborah Thue said...

I am so happy you had such a good birthday! (too bad your parents slipped up this year. don't worry, we'll make it up to you. 'cause we want you to stay in the family! ;))
Love your necklace, it looks like you. Also love the pic of you with the kidlets (minus the 1 year old) I can't believe Cole is going to be 1 so fast! (i'm sure it went faster for me that it did for you!) Anyway,
Happy Birthday, dear Claire!
We are so glad that you were born!
love,
mom/nana 2e

Sierra and Matt said...

Happy happy birthday! So glad to hear you got spoiled, you deserve it!