Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Aaaaand, We're Back

Funny that my last post a month ago was entitled "Interruptions."  I feel like this last month has been interruption after interruption.  I am finally able to take a breath today and hopefully get back in to the habit of journaling on this here blog.  I had posts for Valentine's Day and Brad's birthday in my head, but alas they are now gone.  So to sum it up- Valentine's was fun.  Brad got me roses.  Sadie and Drew had great parties at school and came home with lots of candy.  Brinlee and Cole got little gifts at home and everyone was happy.  Brad's b-day was the day after Valentine's day.  We actually got a babysitter!!!  It was so nice.  We went out to dinner at PF Changs and then went suit shopping.  We were gone for only a couple of hours and everything went great at home.  We will definitely be doing this more often.  The following Monday Brad went to Philadelphia for work for the week.  Needless to say it was an exhausting week- mostly mentally.  Poor Brad would call home during dinner and homework time each night and basically only heard Cole crying and the kids fighting.  We survived though and got him back on Friday.  That weekend a cold I had had for a couple of weeks took a nasty turn and I ended up getting really sick.  I finally dragged myself in to an urgent care on Wednesday and got some antibiotics.  The next day Brinlee's little cold also went south and we ended up at the pediatrician getting meds for her as well.  Luckily we recovered just in time for the weekend.  My mom flew down from Thursday to Monday to spend some time with us.  We went bowling, out to dinner, she and I went to a movie, and she even got to see a sneak peak of Brinlee's dance recital rehearsal.  We had lots of fun with her and were sad to see her go.  Good thing she and my dad will be meeting up with us at the end of May for the big Disneyland trip.  This weekend Brinlee danced her little hips off in her end of class dance recital.  It was adorable to say the least.  I have a little video that hopefully I will be able to post.  Afterwards Brad and Drew headed over to Drew's soccer meeting and Brinlee, Sadie, Cole, and I went out for a little congratulations lunch.  Brinlee was thrilled to be the center of attention.  Later that night the poor girl started breaking out in hives.  By Sunday morning she was covered in them.  I called the after hours clinic and found out that she was most likely having a reaction to the antibiotic.  They said as long as she wasn't having a hard time breathing or swallowing that it would most likely go away in a few days and she would be fine.  I was about to take her in again to the doctor to get checked out, but this morning her spots have faded and are almost gone.  Whew!!!  I feel like if we can all just get back to some good health around here then we will be set.  Anyway, we are on spring break this week and despite our pool being closed for maintenance we are having a good time.   I will post again soon with our adventures and hopefully some pictures...that is unless I get interrupted again. :)

1 comment:

Deborah Thue said...

Who would have guessed that
spring break week would
actually be more relaxing
than your last month? aaahhh!
I am sooo hoping that you
guys are all gonna get healthy
now, and get back to life as
usual, eh? I loved seeing little
Miss Brin dance, she is just
adorable. Sadie and Drew are
such big school kids, obviously
the stellar students at their
school. And that little Cole
sure keeps things hopping! How
can you get mad at that happy
little face!?! It makes your
job much harder, I am sure.
You are such a cute little
mom and Brad is such a good Pa.
We get a kick out of your
busy (little) family!
love,
mom xo/ nana xo