Thursday, March 14, 2013

Who Is Your Favorite President?

Drew has a monthly project for school.  February's project was a poster on a US President that each student picked.  Drew picked Jimmy Carter.  We did all kinds of research and printed a million pictures and came up with a pretty snazzy poster.  Sorry no pics- I'm not that together.  Anyway, each student has been presenting their poster in class.  Everyday Drew comes home and can't wait to tell me what president he learned about that day.  He will usually start off by asking me which president did this or that.  Like, "hey mom, which president died of a heart attack?"  Since I don't know the answer to that question, I will usually look it up on the computer and then say, " did you learn about Eisenhower today?"  He then gets a big grin on his face and tells me everything he can remember about that president. Sometimes we will be driving in the car and he will throw out a random presidential fact or ask me who my favorite president is.  We have had some good conversations thanks to this kindergarten project.

1 comment:

Deborah Thue said...

I love those projects and
the great conversations that
come from them! I remember learning
some things about countries
from Drew when I was there
last. How fun. You guys really
are a fun, interesting family.
love you loads,
mom xo
p.s. jimmy was a peanut farmer.
tell Drew I said that, ok?