Sunday, February 3, 2008
Sacrifice=Mom
The definition of sacrifice is: "Forfeiture of something highly valued for the sake of one considered to have a greater value or claim." So I am just coming off of a night full of sacrifice. Around 2:00 am I hear Sadie yelling ow and Brad and I run into her room to find throw up everywhere.(I will try not to make this too graphic cause I don't think my stomach can even take the memory right now.) This kid has never thrown up in her 3 and 1/2 year old life so she was pretty shocked by this occurence. Well here are the stats for the night- 4 sheet changes- 3 blankets soiled- 1 Abner(her toy cat) ruined beyond repair- 1 can of sprite- two rolls of toilet paper- 2 baths- and 5 hours of lost sleep. And all totally worth it I might add. Brad helped with the clean up, but he did admit that he couldn't do the sitting up with her all night and holding her hair back like I could- so back to bed he went. I don't know if this was his sneaky way of getting to go back to sleep- or if he just knows that I could comfort her better in this circumstance than he could. I prefer to think it was the second one. Anyway- I just kept having the thought all night that I could and would do anything for my kids/husband-even if it was tuff- I would somehow make it through because they are definitely "of greater value or claim"than anything else I have or could ever have(including sleep). The big question is when does this doing things for your kids stop? When they can go to the bathroom unattened- when they move out of the house? Here is my answer to that. My mom was here visiting this last week and on a shopping outing I had a little mishap involving opened toed shoes and a door tearing my toe nail off- and who do you think talked me down and bandaged up my bloody toe right there in front of Kohls- yep- my Mom. I am almost 27 years old with two kids of my own- but my mom was still on duty and took care of me just as if I was that 3 and 1/2 year old barfing for the first time. Thank goodness for moms and their willingness to sacrifice. That is all I have to say.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
And now you know...you put it very well...nothing I wouldn't sacrifice, and you are definitely of the "greater value or claim"...you and your cute little family. Congratulations,you are now officially "a mom". Welcome to the club.
love, nana 2e
Thats great. I'm calling my mom to tell her "thanks" right now!!! And so true about the feelings we have as mothers, nothing else is as important as our sacrifices for our family.
Post a Comment