Tuesday, February 5, 2008
SUPER FAT TUESDAY!!!
So Sadie thinks today is a holiday and keeps saying "Happy Super Tuesday." I had things so strategically planned out to get me and Brad in and out of the polls as fast as possible- and my plan failed miserably. First of all- Brad said we were voting at the same location that we voted at last time- he was wrong. We got there and there were no voting signs anywhere- so I called my neighbor friend and she told me the right place-which was a church not a school. When we got over to the right place- there was a line out the door. Ahhh- my plan to have Brad run in and vote while I sat with the kids and then trade off was foiled. So we all got out of the car and got in the Disneyland like line and waited and waited and waited. We were in line for about and hour before we even got into the building. When we got close enough to see what was going on- that is when I was truly aggrivated. There were about fifteen voting booths with no one in them. This was due to the fact that they had two older people checking everyone in and they were moving at the speed of -well I don't know what- but very very slow. So it turns out that for some reason we are not registed with a specific party even though I am pretty sure we did this. So we have to fill out a provisional ballott and the guy has the nerve to ask us if we really want to do that or if we just don't want to vote at all. Are you kidding me? We just stood in line for an hour plus and now we are not going to vote. No way- give me that ballot so I can color in my little line and feel patriotic- and oh yeah give me that sticker that says "I voted." On the way home in the car Sadie asked what we were voting for. Brad told her we are getting a new President and we get to help decide. She asks him "Is it going to be Jesus?" It is hard for a little 3 year old to wrap her head around a new prophet and a new president all in the same week. Anyway- Happy Super Tuesday to you all- I hope you did your civic duty and voted cause I sure did.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Thank you for going the extra mile and being patriotic, in spite of the old people speed bumps...I am extremely proud of you guys. And thanks for teaching your kids about all this too - I think Sadie's insight is great...she skips right to the point, huh?..if I had been thinking I would have "written in" Jesus for president...wouldn't that be great if it worked...anyway..proud of you guys.
love, nana 2E
Almost the exact same thing happened to us when we went to vote, they had us down as non-partisan and said our registration was inactive when we had just sent it in a month prior and registered as republican, so we had to do a provisional ballot too! Sooo frustrating!!
Post a Comment