Thursday, February 7, 2008

Zoo Day









It was dicount day at the zoo today so a bunch of us from the neighborhood here loaded up our kids ( I think there were 10 kids total-ahhhh) and headed off for a day at the zoo. Sadie's best bud Rory came and those two are crazy together. They just talk louder and louder to try to be heard over eachother and it is madness. Sadie's favorite animal was the lions- "becuase when they open their mouths they sound like grandpa when he is sleeping." And Drew really enjoyed the ducks- he can even quack at them. The zoo is located close to the airport so there were a lot of planes flying overhead- which meant that Drew was pointing up at the sky for most of the day. We all packed a picnic lunch and ate at the "dirty tables" according to Sadie. It was a fun but long day and now my two little animals are napping peacefully. Here a few pics that capture the fun of the zoo.

5 comments:

A Family/Group Member said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The Johnsons said...

Looks like fun! Sadies hair is always so cute. I think that is why I have three boys. I wouldn't know what to do with a girl's hair and so she would look homeless. :) I am also SO jealous that there is sun at your house!

Jess said...

I am SOOOOOOOO very jealous of you being able to go to the zoo this time of year. The commercials here remind us daily that the zoo is still open, but why in the world would ANYONE go in these weather conditions.....something about this darn Utah!

Ashlee said...

No fair. We wouldn't dare go out in one of our daily blizzards!!!

Deborah Thue said...

I love the one of Sadie sitting on the egg! That would make a good Easter Card! Wish I could've gone to the zoo with you. I've got to make sure to document Sadie's comments about Pedro the Donkey. And I love how she has got a "shark grip" on Drew's arm so he doesn't get away. What a fun day.
love, Nana 2E